Wednesday 23 September 2009

Upswing

After a tighter year, there has been sure signals that the coming teaching season might see the return to prosperity I experienced in 2007/2008. It's marvellous news, especially that a rise in income will be coupled with the new challenges I've been long looking forward to. One is that quite a fair share of my load is going to concern technical English, a welcome change from general low-level courses. Another is that I was finally given a life and institutions course at the English department to teach, which means time-consuming preparation, but also greater satisfaction for me. Finally, it seems that's bound to be a critical year for my PhD programme, with three promising conferences to wait for and new creative momentum I haven't felt before.

No comments:

Post a Comment