Monday 21 December 2009

Crime stories

My interest in crime revived after a series of unexpectadly robust crime-and-punishment lessons for my ESL students. I was honestly taken aback by how enthusiastic people got about the topic which - in the end - seems rather distanced from their daily lives. As ususal, I was repeatedly caught red-handed by how-do-you-say type of questions and it inspired me to read more on crime, which is not difficult, if you consider how high it ranks with newspaper editors and readers. Here's a compilation of crime stories from different sources:
1) A teaching assitant stabbed to death by an angry chef.
2) A hit-and-run mother sent to mental institution following her diagnosis.
3) Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain's daughter granted a restraining order against her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment